- Subcategory: Vocal Microphone
- Type: Handheld Microphone
- Transducer principle: Condenser
- Pickup pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. SPL: n/a
- Open circuit sensitivity: 3,0 mV/Pa
- Features: Elastically suspended capsule
- Including: Stand adapter, case
Sennheiser e865 · Microphone
- Handheld microphone with condenser capsule
- Supercardioid pickup pattern
- Frequency range 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Model e 865 S with On/Off switch
- Supplied with stand adapter and pouch
- Ideally suited for all kinds of vocal application
The e865 is a professional condenser vocal mic that sets new standards in terms of quality and sound. Mechanically, this mic features a rugged metal housing which has been built to withstand the strains of touring. It’s characterised with a presence boost which ensures a clear, powerful sound. Furthermore it provides high feedback resistance and is very resistant to handling noise which helps to reduce unwanted noise to a minimum. Optionally, this microphone is also available with an optional On/Off switch (model e865 S)
MP-Bewertung: The e865 is a Sennheiser condenser mic that really convinces. It sets new standards in terms of quality and sound. 6 Stars!
1 Star – still room for improvement!
2 Stars – satisfactory overall impression!
3 Stars – good price/performance value!
4 Stars – very recommendable!
5 Stars – highly recommendable!
6 Stars – unbeatable top product!
What are handheld vocal microphones?
Microphones that you hold in your hands while performing are considered as handheld vocal microphones. These microphones have to fulfil certain criteria. They need to offer high feedback-rejection and most of them feature cardioid, supercardioid or hypercardioid polar patterns. In addition they are required to provide a rugged construction, full bass and crispy highs. Their frequency response is usually tailored, because these microphones are designed for vocal pickup. Models featuring a pronounced proximity effect are frequently used. When choosing a mic, you should also make sure that wind and breath "pop" noise as well as handling noise are sufficiently suppressed.
Microphone · Sennheiser e865
This item was given an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 4 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.