- Subcategory: Instrument Microphone
- Type: Small Diaphragm Microphone
- Instrument Choice: Drums / Percussion
- Instrument (Choice): Percussion
- Instrument (2nd Choice): Overhead / Cymbals
- Transducer principle: Condenser
- diaphragm: Small-diaphragm
- Pickup pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. SPL: 139 dB
- Open circuit sensitivity: 3,0 mV/Pa
- Including: Stand adapter, case
Sennheiser e614 · Microphone
- Condenser microphone with supercardioid pickup pattern
- Specifically tailored for overhead miking and for miking acoustic instruments
- Features an extended frequency response, handles high sound pressure levels and provides excellent transient characteristics
- Very compact housing
- Frequency range 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- Supplied with stand adapter and pouch
The e614 is a permanently polarised condenser microphone with a supercardioid pickup pattern. It has been designed for demanding applications requiring an extended frequency range, the ability to handle high sound pressure levels, a fast transient response and a compact design. Operating over a frequency range of 40 Hz - 20 kHz, the e614 captures the full body of the instrument while reducing bleed from other instruments on stage due to its excellent supercardioid pickup pattern. Even though this microphone has been primarily designed for miking percussion instruments, it is also ideally suited for miking woodwind and stringed instruments. Providing excellent acoustic properties, it is also an ideal microphone for home recording.
MP-Rating: This microphone also features all required properties for perfect overhead/hihat miking. It might be more compact than its competitors, however, sonically there are hardly any differences. 5 Stars.
1 Star – still room for improvement!
2 Stars – satisfactory overall impression!
3 Stars – good price/performance value!
4 Stars – very recommendable!
5 Stars – highly recommendable!
6 Stars – unbeatable top product!
Microphone · Sennheiser e614
This item was given an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 6 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.