Yamaha GL-1 6-String Guitalele
- Handed: Right
- Design: Guitar style ukulele
- Colour / Finish: Natural
- Back / Sides: Meranti
- Top: Spruce
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck: Nato
- Strings: 6 string
- Tuning: A, d, g, c, e', a'
- Scale Length: 17,05" (433 mm)
- Nut Width: 48 mm
- Pickup: no
- Including: Ukulele, Gigbag
Yamaha GL-1 6-String Guitalele · Ukulele
Small Quarter sized guitar
Measurements 450 mm
Mahogany back and sides
In January 1997, Yamaha Corporation came out with the GL-1 Guitalele.
A guitalele (sometimes spelt guitarlele) is a guitar-ukulele hybrid, that is, "a 1/4 size" guitar, crossed with a classical guitar and a tenor ukulele.
The guitalele combines the portability of a ukulele, due to its small size, with the six single strings and resultant chord possibilities of a classical guitar. The guitalele is variously marketed (and used ) as a travel guitar or children's guitar.
A guitalele is the size of a ukulele, and is played like a bass pitched up to “A” (that is, up a 4th, or like a guitar with a capo on the fifth fret). This gives it tuning of ADGCEA, with the top four strings tuned like a low G ukulele.
Value for money
guitalele :Dchnum allmighty gl-1 lover on 27.08.2008
this might be the coolest thing EVER!!!
you got to tune it up, no probs, and then. ROCK ON!!!
i'm just walking around smiling when i'm carrying it with me.
perfect for any kind of trip, i took it with me to the mountains when it was raining, no probs:D thumbs up!
- Boss TU-10-BK Chromatic Tuner, Tuner299 kr
- Boss TU-03 Chromatic Tuner/Metronom, Tuner175 kr
- Boveda Nachfüll-Pack, Humidifier48 kr
Customers were also interested in:
- Ortega RGL5EB, Ukulele1 671 kr
- Clavia Nord Keyboard Stand EX, Keyboard Stand1 690 kr
- Korg SQ-1, Synthesizer1 185,27 kr
- Gretsch Guitars G9126 Guitar Uke, Ukulele1 986 kr
- Remo Emperor Suede 14" Tom Head, Tom Drumhead196 kr
- Baton Rouge V2-G Sun, Ukulele1 461 kr
- Ortega RGL5, Ukulele1 103 kr
- Ortega RGL5EB-CE, Ukulele1 818 kr
- K&M 18950, Keyboard Stand1 522 kr