- Microphone Preamplifier for Dynamic and Ribbon Microphones
- Amplification: 27 dB (@3 kOhm Last)
- Phase Switching: no
- Number of channels: 1
- Special Features: for Dynamic and Ribbon Microphones, 4 matched JFets
- Controls: None
- Connections: XLR-male, XLR-female (In-/Output)
- Plug in Adapter
- Power Supply: 24 - 48 V Phantom power
- Including: Preamp
- Notice: requires 24-48 V Phantom Power, does not let through to Microphone
TritonAudio FetHead · Microphone Preamp
When used with a Shure SM57, for example, the FetHead is more responsive over a wider frequency range.
With a high-end dynamic microphone like a Shure SM7 or Sennheiser MD441, FetHead really shines.
The SM7B, due to its low output, requires clear preamplification before most preamps anyway, for which the FetHead is perfectly suited.
Ribbon mics, on the other hand, also benefit from much better impedance matching, which takes the strain off the mic and gives it better transient response. The excellent, low-noise signal gain from the FetHead also increases the usable range of a ribbon microphone and improves the pickup of softer passages.
Some ribbon microphones do not tolerate phantom power. The FetHead's circuitry requires 48 V phantom power, but does not pass it to the microphone, protecting ribbon microphones when used with the FetHead.
Value for money
Wonderful preampAlex on 11.03.2021
I use a dynamic microphone (Shure SM58) with a Steinberg UR22 audio interface. For a normal signal level, I had to twist the gain by 80-100%. But thanks to this preamp, I can only increase the gain by about 50%. Now there is no noise in the recording. That's cool. My rating is 5/5.
Customers were also interested in:
- HeadphoneShure SRH440A1 188 kr
- Drum ThroneDixon PSN-8 Round Throne970 kr
- Lefthand AcousticEpiphone Songmaker DR-1001 624 kr
- Audio InterfaceMOTU M42 823 kr
- SynthesizerRoland JU-06A Set5 983 kr
- Percussion PadRoland Sampling Pad SPD-SX Pro10 887 kr
- Guitar EffectWarm Audio Warmdrive1 951 kr
- Master KeyboardArturia MiniLab 3 White1 079 kr