- Subcategory: Instrument Microphone
- Type: Small Diaphragm Microphone
- Instrument Choice: Acoustic Instruments
- Transducer principle: Condenser
- diaphragm: Small-diaphragm
- Pickup pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. SPL: 130 dB
- Open circuit sensitivity: 6.3 mV/Pa @ 94 dB SPL
- Features: Includes battery compartment for a 9V battery.
- Including: Wind protection, stand clamp.
- Small-diaphragm Permanently Polarized Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Pad
Rode M3 · Microphone
With low self noise, full frequency response of 40Hz-20kHz, and the option to be powered by either 9V battery or phantom power, the Rode M3 end address condenser cardioid microphone is suitable for a wide range of applications from studio, stage to location recording. Using a permanently polarized back-electret mic capsule, the Rode M3 power supply only has to charge the mic preamp. When powered by an 9V alkaline battery, the Rode M3 will have a battery life in excess of 300 hours, or 6 hours usage per week for a year. A power LED indicates when the battery is running low. A switchable high pass filter allows you to switch from flat frequency response to a 12dB/octave roll off at 80Hz to remove low frequency rumble. An internal three stage PAD switch allows 0dB, -10dB or -20db reduction in sensitivity on the Rode M3.
The versatile Rode M3 microphone can be handheld or stand mounted depending on your needs. It incorporates a true permanently polarized condenser with a cardioid polar response transducer with an ultra-low noise electronic circuit that has a high immunity to radio frequency interference. An end address condenser microphone, the Rode M3 features a heavy-duty metal body, category leading low self-noise, three stage 0 - 10dB - 20dB pad, a battery status LED, and a high-pass filter.
The Rode M3 condenser microphone incorporates a rugged welded and heat-treated mesh head and all metal body. An internal capsule shock mounting system keeps handling noise down. The Rode M3 microphone also comes complete with windshield and a stand mount.
The Rode M3 cardiod mic with internal battery or phantom power will be used for miking baclkline amps, acoustic instruments, as drum overhead mics, vocals and any mobile recording application.
- Microphone Type: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 142 dB SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 73 dB SPL
- Self Noise: 21 dB SPL
Microphone · Rode M3
This item was given an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 9 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.