Gibson(290 items found.)
- Pickup Cover Gibson PC025GD Bridgekr 330
- Hooded Sweatshirt Gibson Men's Hoodie Logo Mkr 499
- Pickguard Holder Gibson Les Paul PB030 m. Schraubenkr 84
- Zipped Hood Gibson Men's Hoodie Skr 300
- Pickup Cover Gibson Historic PC-045 "Dog Ear" Cremekr 110
- Pickup Cover Gibson PC010CH Neckkr 164
- Pickup Cover Gibson PC035NI Bridgekr 194
- Switchplate Gibson PRWA-030kr 42
- Electric Guitar Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s Tobacco Burstkr 19 437
- Switch Gibson Les Paul TS020 Togglekr 191
- Guitar/Bass Tools Gibson Multi Toolkr 168
- Zipped Hood Gibson Full Zip Hoodie Lkr 482
- Zipped Hood Gibson Full Zip Hoodie Mkr 482
- Truss Rod Cover Gibson Historic TR-061 '61 Truss Rod Coverkr 211
- Acoustic Guitar Gibson Hummingbird Originalkr 29 535
- Electric Bass Guitar Gibson SG Standard Bass HCkr 12 117
- Acoustic Guitar Gibson Songwriter 12 String Burstkr 27 855
- Zipped Hood Gibson Women's Hoodie Skr 368
- Electric Guitar Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS LBkr 39 667
- Electric Guitar Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS RYTkr 46 270
- Electric Guitar Gibson Custom Shop 1957 Les Paul Junior VSkr 29 544
- Electric Guitar Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute P90 Vintage Cherry Satinkr 8 174
- Electric Guitar Gibson Les Paul Tribute Satin Cherry Sunburstkr 9 516
- Acoustic Guitar Gibson Slash J-45kr 27 019
- Electric Guitar Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS VCSkr 37 658
- Electric Guitar Gibson Les Paul Special Vintage Cherrykr 12 150
- Electric Guitar Gibson 1958 Les Paul Junior Doublecut FCkr 26 301
- Electric Bass Guitar Gibson Thunderbird IV HCSkr 18 829
- Electric Guitar Gibson Explorer Antique Naturalkr 13 594
- T-Shirt Gibson Flying V Formation Lkr 245
- Electric Bass Guitar Gibson Les Paul Junior Tribute DC Basskr 7 811
- Electric Guitar Gibson Les Paul Standard Translucent Amberkr 24 570
- T-Shirt Gibson Floral Logo Grey Lkr 211
- Guitar/Bass Cleaning and Care Gibson GIGGRK1 Setkr 152
- T-Shirt Gibson Star Logo Charcoal. 3XLkr 211
- Guitar Strap Gibson The Orange Lilykr 304
- Guitar Strap Gibson The Vintage Saddle Blackkr 815
- T-Shirt Gibson Logo XXLkr 135
- Electric Guitar Pickup Gibson Modern P490R Neck chromkr 946
- Electric Bass Strings Gibson FWSL12 045-100 Long Scale Flatwoundkr 338
- Electric Bass Strings Gibson FWSSM 045-100 Short Scale Flatwoundkr 338
- Electric Guitar Strings Gibson HVR 9, 009-042, Vintage Reissuekr 76
- Western & Resonator Guitar Strings Gibson SAG-PB12L 12 Str. Phosphor Bronze coated, 012-053kr 118
- Potentiometers Gibson AT520 Push/Pull 500K kurzkr 153
- T-Shirt Gibson Floral Logo Grey 2XLkr 211
- Western & Resonator Guitar Strings Gibson SAG-CPB11 Phosphor Bronze coated, 011-052kr 84
- Electric Guitar Strings Gibson SEG-FW12, L 012-052, Flatwoundkr 211
- T-Shirt Gibson Star Logo Charcoal Lkr 211
- Sticker Gibson Sticker Packkr 72
- T-Shirt Gibson Floral Logo Grey 3XLkr 211
- Electric Bass Strings Gibson FWSL 040-095 long Scale Flatwoundkr 338
- Electric Bass Strings Gibson FWSSL 040-095 Short Scale Flatwoundkr 338
- T-Shirt Gibson The Gibson XXXLkr 211
- Electric Guitar Strings Gibson BWR10 010-046 Brite Wireskr 66
- Electric Guitar Strings Gibson BWR9 009-042 Brite Wireskr 66
- Electric Guitar Strings Gibson HVR 11, 011-050, Vintagekr 76
- Electric Guitar Strings Gibson SEG-FW11, UL 011-050, Flatwoundkr 211
- T-Shirt Gibson Thunderbird Logo Skr 160
- T-Shirt Gibson Thunderbird Logo, Lkr 160
- Electric Guitar Strings Gibson BW12L 010-046 12 String Brite Wireskr 119
GibsonThe Gibson Guitar Corporation from Nashville, Tennessee is one of the oldest American makers of guitars, electric guitars and guitar amps.
Orville H. Gibson (1856-1918) founded the company and gave it his name. Around 1890 he started making stringed instruments. 1902 the company „Gibson Mandolin-Guitar Co., Ltd“ was registered and concentrated on making mandolins. Orville Gibson took the fiddle as a model and made guitars and mandolines with distinctive carved, arched solid wood top and back and bent wood sides. Gibson had found out that arched solid wood had a better sustain.
The first Gibson catalog came out in 1903. On 32 pages it offered Mandolins, Mandolas, Guitars und "Harp"-Guitars made by Gibson.
The following years, Gibson always set new standards in instrument manufacturing. 1952 was the year when the first Les Paul was introduced, an instrument that changed the face of rockmusic forever.
The must important Gibson models from the 30´s and 50´s that are still made today are
Gibson L5, Gibson Super 400, Gibson Les Paul, Gibson Byrdland and Gibson ES-175.
Accoustic guitars were also also produced by Gibson, the well known modells are Gibson J-45, Gibson J-200 or Gibson Hummingbird.
In the 1940s Gibson started making the first guitars with built-in pickups and thus stared the electricification of Gibson guitars.
In the mid 50´s the first solid body guitars left the gibson manufacturing plants, the Gibson Les Paul, Gibson Explorer, Gibson Flying V und Gibson Firebird. These guitars are very popular today and were copied by companys arround the world, like many other Gibson products. Top acts such as Lenny Kravitz or Popa Chubby are often seen with a Gibson flying V.
Gibson also produces bass guitars. They are used by artists like Jack Bruce from Cream, Kris Novoselic from Nirvana and Mike Dirnt from Green Day. Gibson is known a little less for their amplifiers.
Gibson did never stop the production of mandolins and banjos. The pre WW II banjos (like the Gibson Granada RB) are said to be the best in the world and are first choice of many professional players.
Today Gibson´s electric guitars represent the past and the future of this instrument. Models like the Gibson ES-175, Gibson ES-335, Gibson Flying V, Gibson Explorer or Gibson Les Pauls are embedded in our everyday music. Allthough Gibson´s Les Paul is a true classic, the company never stops looking for new innovations and ideas to stay up to date.