Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator
- Effect Type: Ringmodulator
- Technology: Analog
- Mono / Stereo: Mono In, Mono Out
- Controls: LFO Amount, Modulator Mix, Rate, Frequency
- Modes: 4 Modes
- Switches: Waveform, Lo/Hi
- Bypass Mode: Buffered Bypass
- Including: AC Adapter
- Power supply: 9 Volt Center positive
- Power Consumption: 500 mA
- Battery powered: Does not run on Battery power
- Housing size: Big Size
- Dimensions WxHxD (cm): 15,2 x 6,3 x 22,8
- Weight: 1 kg
- Country of Origin: Made in USA
- Frequency rotary control, which varies the carrier frequency over a six-octave range
- Rate rotary control, which varies the LFO's frequency from 0.1 Hz to 25 Hz
- LFO Amount rotary control, which adjusts the amount that the LFO output sweeps the carrier oscillator
- Mix rotary control, which crossfades continuously from unmodulated to modulated audio
- Drive rotary control, which adjusts the gain of the audio input
- Square-Sine rocker switch, which chooses the LFO waveform
- Lo-Hi rocker switch, which chooses between the low frequency carrier range (2 Hz to 130 Hz) and the high frequency carrier range (60 Hz to 4,000 Hz)
- Level, a three-color LED that is used to set the DRIVE control
- LFO, a LED that indicates the LFO rate.
Bypoass, a two-color LED that tells whether the ring modulator is on or bypassed
- On/Bypass, a rugged, smooth-acting stomp switch
Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator · Guitar Effect
A ring modulator produces sum and difference frequencies between the audio input and a carrier oscillator. The ring modulator's LFO can be used to modulate the carrier frequency. The Moogerfooger Ring Modulator can create effects ranging from subtle tremolo to harmonically rich distortion, gong-like sounds, sweeps, swoops, and divebombs. It can be subtle, or outlandish in its use.
The all-analog Moog moogerfooger MF102 ring modulator splits your sound into two separate tones and then uses an internal carrier oscillator to spread those tones apart in the frequency spectrum. The higher the carrier frequency, the more the new tones are separated. The effects can be anything from slow tremelo, to chains jangling to the classic outer space sounds. The LFO Low Frequency Oscillator imparts trills, vibratos, siren effects.
Synthesizers and electronics pioneer Moog known mainly in music history for his huge Modular Synthesizer systems and the legendary Mini Moog. The Moog Moogerfooger series with some of the modules of the legendary Moog Modular Systems are available as pedal effects and are also directed towards guitarists and bassists.
Guitar Effect · Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator
This item was given an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 4 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.