BluGuitar AMP1 Mercury Edition
- Feature1: integrated noise gate
- Technology: Hybrid
- Power: 100 Watt
- Channels: 4
- EQ: Bass/mids/treble
- Inserts: Series / Parallel
- Pre Amp Valves: Nano Tube
- Effects: Reverb
- Impedance: 8/16 ohms
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 24,5 x 6,8 x 19,2 cm
- Weight: 1,2 kg
- Country of Origin: China
- Channels: Clean, Vintage, Classic, Modern
- Integrated Noise Gate
- Special Features: Custom Control, Phones, Recording Out, Silent Recording, 2ND Master, Power Soak, Programmable Switch Functions
BluGuitar AMP1 Mercury Edition · Pedalboard Amp
BluGuitar has now turned an assumed impossibility into reality with the AMP1: a guitar amp that satisfies the requirements of a professional guitarist on stage and in the studio, but is so small and light that you can transport it in your glove box or gigbag. A wide range of top-quality sounds from jazz to metal, tremendous power and the character of old tube amps without compromising, a concept with all the important functions and no unnecessary frills for the purists and programming freaks alike - BluGuitar AMP1: Four expressive channels with pure tone, paired with 100 watt Pure Tube Tone Power!
Value for money
Brilliant AmpUser on 13.04.2021
My experience with AMP 1 is from the original model. I've tested it out extensively and was not disappointed with the performance. I've seen a few people complaining about the tones of this original model but after various testing, I have to conclude that they weren't using the amp properly. Any amp can be made to sound terrible in the wrong hands and with the wrong stuff attached but this has enough variation to overcome that.
First of all, never have anything full on especially the gain as it leaves the amp with nowhere to go when you want a volume boost. Unlike many amps, especially those with solid state components, this device works really well with pedals and a bit of experimentation with different stages of gain will get this into a state where all four channels work well.
It is also far more forgiving that many amps when you swap guitars which is a good thing. With the addition of a two button footswitch, you can have a genuine four channel amp with separate boost by programming the three switches on the amp. The attached double footswitch controls the boost function and toggle between clean and which ever overdrive amp is selected on the activated switch on the AMP 1 - very useful.
The additional items are something I'd probably never use or need unless wanting to get the AMP1 off the floor and out of the way.
Unlike many solid state amps, this one is no weedy device - it is very loud indeed and will have no problem driving any cabs or being heard in most band situations.
Lots of other features are available and there is tons of information about it via podcasts and other content produced by Thomas Blug.
The one thing I didn't like much was the headphone experience which may account for some of the negative comments about tone.
- Korg Magnetune, Tuner€ 4,95
- Swiff AP02 Earthpulse, Guitar Effect€ 79,-
- Swiff AP03 Echolism, Guitar Effect€ 79,-
- Swiff AP04 Firefuzz, Guitar Effect€ 79,-
- Swiff AP05 Knocker, Guitar Effect€ 79,-
- Swiff AP06 Koral, Guitar Effect€ 79,-
- Swiff AP07 Overland, Guitar Effect€ 79,-
- Swiff DP02 Flangerous, Guitar Effect€ 88,-
Customers were also interested in:
- BluGuitar AMP1 Iridium Edition, Pedalboard Amp€ 877,-
- Victory V4 The Duchess, Pedalboard Amp€ 825,-
- Friedman BE-Mini Head, Guitar Amp Head€ 309,-
- Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200 Floor, Pedalboard Amp€ 929,-
- Orange Pedal Baby 100, Pedalboard Amp€ 344,-
- Hughes & Kettner Spirit AmpMan Classic, Pedalboard Amp€ 360,-
- Ashdown The Newt, Pedalboard Amp€ 191,-
- Victory V4 The Kraken Guitar Amplifier, Pedalboard Amp€ 825,-
- Hotone Mojo Attack, Pedalboard Amp€ 180,-