- Effect Type: Preamp
- Technology: Analog
- Dimensions (WxHxD / cm): 19,3 x 6,0 x 11,0
- Weight: 1,2 kg
- Power supply: 9 - 12 VDC, Center negative
- Power Consumption: 100 mA
- Country of Origin: China
- Including: Mains adapter (optional) also runs on Batteries
Ampeg SCR-DI · Bass Guitar Effect
Besides the many sound shaping possibilities it should be mentioned that both AUX-IN connections ( 3.5mm and ¼” Jacks) are adjustable, which provides further possibilities. For example, you can play music into the preamp and listen and mix it to your headphones while simultaneously playing along to the track and recording it. The AUX Singal is ONLY on the headphone output! So only what you play yourself will land on your computer / mixing desk or whatever medium you are using. Of course this is only one of several variations.
Furthermore there is the Scrambler, the onboard Ampeg distortion, a line-out for power amps, etc., a "Thru" output where the tone control is bypassed and an XLR Out for mixers and recording units with ground- Lift switch to compensate for ground loops. The tone control is comfortably operable and the preamp has been extended with an additional "Ultra" -Lo and -Hi, switch you already know from the classic Ampeg Amp heads.
Value for money
Great sounding pre-ampErnie Smothers-Captain Klymaxx on 28.11.2017
As a former touring bassist, I was always pleased when an Ampeg amp was available for me to use on fly dates. Knowing that some of my bass heroes (Paul Goddard-ARS / Geddy Lee-Rush / Dave Hope-Kansas / Leon Wilkerson-Lynyrd Skynyrd) often used Ampeg bass rigs in the studio and on stage, I decided to purchase the SCR-DI to dial in their amazing tones with my classic rock cover band, Captain Klymaxx. Truthfully, I am very pleased with my purchase. Coupling the device with a tuner, compressor and power amp, I am able to coax a plethora of SVT tones to enhance and authenticate our band's musical reproductions of jukebox classics from the 70's and 80's. I also like blending in a small portion of Scrambler to elicit a slight, tube-like growl. The design team at Ampeg replicated the SVT sound for the masses at a very affordable price. Now I can dial in desirable Ampeg bass tone without having to lug a heavy (and expensive) head and cabinet everywhere I go. Don't get me wrong-the sound of an SVT big-rig is jaw-dropping...but...for bass players like me that already own a solid bass rig and are looking to add to Ampeg tone (without having to invest the kid's college fund)-this device does the job admirably. I absolutely love the SCR-DI! Five stars!!!
- T-Rex Fuel Tank Classic, Guitar/Bass Power Supplies€ 124,-
- Truetone 1 Spot Power Supply 9V DC, Guitar/Bass Power Supplies€ 25,95
- Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS12, Guitar/Bass Power Supplies€ 194,-
- Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS7, Guitar/Bass Power Supplies€ 131,-
- Karl's Solderless-Wire Kit, Patch Cable€ 73,-
- Gearhead Pedalboards Touchdown Hook Tape, Effect Accessories€ 9,95
- Karl's Live-Wire 3 m WK/K Silent Plug, Instrument Cable€ 34,95
- Tone City Pedal Substation 1, Guitar/Bass Power Supplies€ 80,-
- Kong Power Bar, Guitar/Bass Power Supplies€ 50,-