Ludwig(88 items found.)
- Beanie Ludwig LUDWIGBEANIE£ 20,95
- Snare drum Ludwig Supraphonic LM400KT 14" x 5" hammered Snare Drum£ 763,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Acrophonic LA404K 14" x 5" Hammered Aluminium£ 554,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Acrophonic LA405K 14" x 6,5" hammered Aluminium£ 563,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Breakbeats LC179XX030 Mojave Swirl£ 433,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Pocket Kit Black Sparkle£ 399,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Supraphonic LM402T 14" x 6,5" Aluminium with Tube Lugs£ 737,-
- Tom Mount Ludwig Atlas PM0048 Single Tom Holder£ 46,95
- Snare drum Ludwig Raw Brass Phonic 14" x 5"£ 769,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Brass Phonic LB464R 14" x 6,5" Raw Brass£ 777,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Copper Phonic LC660 14" x 5" Snare£ 893,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Breakbeats LC179XX028 White Sparkle Shell Set£ 433,-
- Bassdrum Pedal Ludwig L203 Speed King Foot Pedal£ 190,-
- Snare Ludwig L1930 Snare Wires 14" 20 Strands£ 34,95
- T-Shirt Ludwig Grey Sticks/Vintage Logo XS£ 16,95
- T-Shirt Ludwig Grey Sticks/Vintage Logo S£ 16,95
- T-Shirt Ludwig Red Badge/Vintage Logo S£ 16,95
- Drum Kit Ludwig Accent DRIVE 22" Red Complete Set£ 433,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Accent FUSE 20" Black Complete Set£ 433,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Brass Phonic 14" x 6,5" Hammered£ 954,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Classic Maple Mod22 Digital Black Sparkle Custom Shellset£ 5.207,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Classic Oak FAB 22" Smoke£ 2.950,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Copper Phonic LC662K 14"x 6,5" Snare Drum With Imperial L£ 980,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Universal Metal LU5514 14" x 5,5" Brass Snare£ 441,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Universal Metal LU6514 14" x 6,5" Brass Snare£ 459,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Universal Wood LU6514BE 14" x 6,5" Beech Snare£ 424,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Universal Wood LU6514CH 14" x 6,5" Cherry Snare£ 363,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Universal Wood LU6514MA 14" x 6,5" Mahogany Snare£ 407,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Universal Wood LU6514WA 14" x 6,5" Walnut Snare£ 459,-
- T-Shirt Ludwig Black Block Logo S£ 16,95
- T-Shirt Ludwig Black Block Logo XS£ 16,95
- T-Shirt Ludwig Grey Sticks/Vintage Logo XXL£ 16,95
- T-Shirt Ludwig Red Badge/Vintage Logo XXL£ 16,95
- T-Shirt Ludwig Black Script Logo S£ 16,95
- T-Shirt Ludwig Black Script Logo XS£ 16,95
- Drum Kit Ludwig Classic Maple Fab Vintage Blue Oyster£ 3.471,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Classic Maple 14" x 5,5" Vintage Black Oyster Pearl LS401XX1Q£ 606,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Acrolite LM405C 14" x 6,5" Alu Snare£ 552,34
- Percussion Holder Ludwig Atlas LAC2983MT Arch Mount Assembly£ 129,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Classic Maple 14" x 6,5" Vintage Blue Oyster£ 676,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Universal Metal LU0814 14" x 8" Brass Snare£ 467,-
- Drum Accessory Ludwig Internal Tone Control£ 38,95
- Snare drum Ludwig Universal Metal LU6514C 14" x 6,5" Brass Snare£ 355,-
- Bassdrum Pedal Ludwig L204SF Speed Flyer£ 198,-
- Snare Stand Ludwig Atlas Standard LAS22SS£ 85,-
- Hi-Hat Stand Ludwig Atlas Standard HiHat Stand LAS16HH£ 85,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Accent DRIVE 22" Blue Complete Set£ 433,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Accent DRIVE 22" Silver Complete Set£ 433,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Accent FUSE 20" Red Complete Set£ 433,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Accent FUSE 20" Silver Complete Set£ 433,-
- Tom Mount Ludwig Atlas LAP256STH Double Tom Accessory Clamp£ 68,-
- Percussion Holder Ludwig Atlas LAPSC Stacker Cup£ 11,95
- Double Tom Stand Ludwig Atlas LAS45TS Double Tom Stand£ 108,-
- Hardware Set Ludwig Atlas Standard LASPACK Hardware Set£ 320,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Black Beauty 14" x 5"£ 1.014,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Black Beauty LB408 14" x 8" Snare Drum£ 1.023,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Black Beauty LB417 14" x 6,5"£ 954,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Black Beauty LB417BT 14" x 6,5" with Brass Hardware£ 1.075,-
- Snare drum Ludwig Brass Phonic LB420BKT 14" x 5,5" Hammered Brass£ 954,-
- Drum Kit Ludwig Breakbeats LC179XX016 Black Sparkle Shell Set£ 433,-
LudwigThe history of the legendary Drum Company Ludwig began in 1909 when it was founded by William F. & Theobald Ludwig. In the first year the two not only produced the first shells, but also developed the first pedal.
In 1911 they expanded their product range into the concert percussion sector, presenting the first Ludwig Timpany model. In 1918, Theobald died due to a major influenza epidemic.
Already in the period between 1920 and 1929 Ludwig brought out the balanced action Timpany, the Gold Triumphal Snare Drum and the great Black Beauty Snares , which are among the best known models today and are still sold around the globe. Also as probably "most recorded drum" the small brass drum goes into the history of the music industry.
In the 1930s, during the Great Depression, William Ludwig Senior sold the company Ludwig & Ludwig to CG Conn in Elkhart. From then on, Ludwig and Leedy, two separate drum brands, were produced in the same factory.
When he regretted the sale William F. Ludwig founded another drum company in 1937 and named it WFL Drum Company in Chicago. His first production facility was at the Ladies Ave. Now he competed with CG Conn's instruments produced under his name.
In 1938, Bill Ludwig Jr., who was later called "The Chief", joined WFL and the year was a complete success as they were able to develop the first Speed King bass drum pedal .
The 40's started off troublesome because of the high metal consumption for weapons and military equipment during the second world war. They compensated for the fact in that they made the hoops and lugs out of of wood and equipped the drums with a rope tensioner.
In 1947, Ludwig took a major step in marketing and published the first drum kit catalog after the war. The cover portrayed one of the greatest drummers of all time - Mr. Buddy Rich
William F. Ludwig took his name or the brand Ludwig again in 1955 and ensured that there was only one supplier for Ludwig Drums.
The next success wave of the drum - builders entered as a Ringo Starr , appeared with his Black Oyster kit and with legendary appearance of the Beatles at the Ed Sullivan Show became a new advertising icon. This was the year 1964, also the year when the Ludwig 400 Supra-Phonic snare was presented and Ludwig Musser Mallet Percussion laid the foundation for becoming market leaders for school instruments.
1968 changed the name of the entire company in Ludwig Industries.
At the beginning of the 70s, other top artists were added, who were the key to the Ludwig Endorser family for Ludwig, and a key figure of the Ludwig Endorser family was John Bonham from Led Zeppelin.
Most of the time he played a Ludwig Vistalite with coloured but transparent Plexiglas, which was presented in 1972.
In 1973, William F. Ludwig Jr. took over the company from his father and became president of Ludwig. Upon his retiral in 1981, he sold everything to the Selmer Company which carries the drum brand.
In 1984, when Ludwig Drums celebrated its 75th anniversary in the music industry, production moved from Chicago to Monroe, NC, where it is still based.
After a few years in which the instruments were only optimized, Ludwig introduced the Classic Maple Series in 1998, which is still considered a guarantee for good sound.
A short time later, Ludwig began to produce a more affordable drum because of the market demand, which of course did not work on the same production area in Monroe.
In 2002, Ludwig merged again, this time with CG Conn and Selmer, which probably brought more movement into it all. In the year 2009, a brand new product catalog and, for the first time, collectors editions came out, for example the Gold Triumphal Snare Drum from the 1920's.
Today, the company Ludwig Drums is still one of the world's market leaders in the drums sector and since 2013 has been offering many products, For example the Breakbeat Kits by Questlove, the Element and Element Birch series, the Legacy Mahogany outfits or the Questlove pocket kit.
All these points give Ludwig the right to their slogan - "The Most Famous Name on Drums"
Artists who play or have played Ludwig Drums are for example:
Jerry Allison (Buddy Holly and The Crickets, Carmine Appice, Mick Avory, Ginger Baker, Barriemore Barlow, Jason Bonham, John Bonham, Cindy Blackman, Bill Bruford, King Crimson, Genesis, Earthworks, Clive Bunker, Eric Carr, Vinnie Colaiuta, John Cowsill, John Densmore, Mick Fleetwood, , Roy Haynes, Papa Jo Jones, Joey Kramer (Aerosmith), Eric Kretz (Stone Temple Pilots), Nick Mason (Pink Floyd), Mitch Mitchell (The Jimi Hendrix Experience), Joe Morello, Steve Negus, Ian Paice, Carl Palmer, Questlove, Marky Ramone, Buddy Rich, Ed Shaughnessy, Ringo Starr, Roger Taylor, Mick Tucker, (White Ones), Meg White (The White Stripes), and many more.