- Colour / Finish: Metallic Grey Matte
- Technology: Solid Body
- Body Shape: Modern Strat
- Strings: 6 string
- Neck construction: Bolt on neck
- Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 26,5" (673 mm)
- Body Material: Nyatoh
- Top: Maple
- Neck: 5-pcs. Panga Panga/Walnut
- Neck Profile: Nitro Wizard
- Fretboard: Makassar Ebony
- Fretboard radius: 16"
- Fretboard Inlays: White Step off-set dot inlay
- Pickup Configuration: H-H (2x Humbucker)
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern
- Pickup Selector Switch: 3-way switch
- Controls: 1x volume
- Bridge / Tremolo: Evertune Bridge
- Hardware: Black
- Strings thickness ex factory: .010 - .046
- Including: Schaller Security Locks
- Special Features: Evertune Bridge, Gotoh Locking Tuner
Ibanez RGD6ALET-MGM · Electric Guitar
Value for money
A new direction for Ibanez?Harry on 15.08.2020
This guitar is a rarity. At the time of writing it is the only ibanez to come out the factory with the evertune and fishman fluence moderns. I'm usually put off high end ibanez models because they usually have some sort of edge tremolo and passive pickups.
However I've always been a big fan of the build quality, feel and neck profile. This is the first guitar I've ever seen that has everything on it straight out the factory. I've put this guitar into the hands of all my guitar playing friends and they can't say anything but praise. A blues player was impressed at the sounds from the coil tapped neck pickup. The metal players love the neck and the clarity of the picks when playing through a high gain amp and I love not having to tune my guitar just picking it up and playing.
My only concern when purchasing was the aesthetics of the guitar. This is a guitar that doesn't photograph well. It looks so much better in the flesh. The neck is a gorgeous well selected bit of wood and the body has more depth and is a darker grey then the pictures show.
The only slight issue I have with this guitar is the lack of a tone control but the sounds you can get out of this thing are still world class.
If you're a metal player looking for a guitar with a longer scale length then this is probably the best guitar on the market for you right now.