Heet Sound EBow Plus Mk II - Energy Bow
- Effect Type: Electronic Bow (Ebow)
- Technology: Analog
- Modes: 2 Modes
- Switches: Sustain Mode, Off, Harmonic Mode
- Power supply: Runs only on Battery power
- Power Consumption: n. a.
- Battery powered: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: 9 V Block
- Housing size: Mini
- Also suitable for bass: yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Hand-held electronic bow for guitar
- Replaces the pick in the right hand
- Mimic strings, horns, and woodwinds
Heet Sound EBow Plus Mk II - Energy Bow · Guitar Effect
The EBow is a hand-held electronic bow for guitar. The small, battery-powered unit replaces the pick in the right hand, letting the guitarist mimic strings, horns, and woodwinds with unbelievable sensitivity. The EBow produces a powerful infinite sustain, rich in harmonics for incredible guitar sounds.
The EBow Story
The Energy Bow is a totally unique guitar accessory. It´s not just an effect like the many plug-in devices on the market. The EBow does its work on the string itself by producing an energy field that vibrates and sustains your guitar string (Direct String Synthesisœ). Infinite Sustain is just the beginning. Powered by a 9-volt battery, the EBow is held in place of your pick, giving you instant access to violin, cello, flute, and horn sounds as well as unique sounds of its own.
The EBow lets you play as fast as your left hand can scurry through a lick. Fade a string in from a motionless state for a reverse-tape effect. Run the EBow across the strings for gorgeous arpeggios. Add distortion for a screaming guitar sound. Playing the EBow directly over the pickup will increase your volume many fold and give you the crisp sound of super hot pickups. Moving away from the pickup gives you the mellow sound of a hollow body electric. The sounds you discover by experimenting with the EBow will amaze you. And like the best tools of the trade, the EBow will sound different for each musician.
How it Works
Welcome to the world of Direct String Synthesisœ. The principle is simple: a focused feedback loop directed at a single string. This produces a powerful, infinite sustain, rich in harmonics for incredible guitar sounds. It´s like amplifier feedback with greater control and predictability, at any volume, even through headphones. This handheld synthesizer provides an amazing variety of textures and tonal slurs — virtually an instrument in itself!
Direct String Synthesis
Ebow is a synthesizer in the palm of your hand. Complete control over attack, decay, and dynamics, as well as a whole new range of tones and textures, makes the EBow one of the most expressive tools ever designed for guitar. Whether sweeping smoothly from voice to voice or jumping from sound to sound, this device is responsive and personal enough to reflect your playing style.
Test of Time
Since 1976, the EBow has been making music. Groups such as U2, Blondie, Elton John, Van Halen, Phil Collins, Queen, REO Speedwagon, David Bowie, and Blue Oyster Cult, just to name a few, have thrilled their listeners with the sounds of the EBow. Buddy Emmons uses his on steel guitar. Chris Proctor EBows his acoustic guitar. Windham Hill´s Michael Manring has even figured out how to use one on bass guitar! The applications for the EBow are diverse.
The Player´s Guide
The EBow now comes with a complete Player´s Guide booklet and detailed cassette lesson by EBow virtuoso Lenny Walker. How does he get those sounds? Now, Lenny shares his secrets in this feature-packed personal EBow lesson...by the master of EBow technique.
It´s been called the most revolutionary development in guitar technology since Leo Fender electrified the instrument in 1948. But we call it... just plain fun.
Technical Description: Powered by a 9-volt battery.
Value for money
EboyPete S on 27.12.2019
I am new to using Ebow, so out of fairness, I am not in a position to write a review as yet.
I plan to spend time getting to learn how to best use this, but this will be in the new year.
Value for money
Heet Sound EBow Plus Mk II - Energy BowSergey on 07.06.2017
Value for money
Great product!P from Sweden on 30.03.2016
I used the old Ebow model a few years ago, and I've missed it a lot. So it was not only a great reunion, but the Ebow has also been updated. Great product!
- Pedaltrain Classic JR SC, Effect Pedalboard£ 79,-
- Boss TU-01 Chromatic Tuner, Tuner£ 8,90
- Karl's Studio-Wire 6 m WK/K, Instrument Cable£ 56,-
- Karl's Solderless-Wire Kit, Patch Cable£ 69,-
- Gearhead Pedalboards Touchdown Hook Tape, Effect Accessories£ 8,95
- Karl's Live-Wire 3 m WK/K Silent Plug, Instrument Cable£ 30,95
- Boss TU-03 Chromatic Tuner/Metronom, Tuner£ 15,-
Customers were also interested in:
- D'Addario EZ910 .011-052, Western & Resonator Guitar Strings£ 5,20
- Boss TR-2 Tremolo, Guitar Effect£ 85,-
- L.R. Baggs Anthem, Acoustic Guitar Pickup£ 225,-
- Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Guitar Effect£ 79,-
- Electro Harmonix XO Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, Guitar Effect£ 197,-
- Gravity MS 4322 B Microphone Stand, Microphone Stand£ 30,67
- K&M 26085 One Hand Microphone Stand, Microphone Stand£ 38,-
- Vic Firth American Classic 7A, Drumsticks£ 9,60
- Voggenreiter Saxophon - Der Komplettkurs, Instructional Book£ 17,95