Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro TL
- Colour / Finish: Transparent Blue
- Technology: Solid Body
- Body Shape: Single Cut
- Strings: 6 string
- Neck construction: Set in neck
- Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24,75" (62,87 cm)
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: Figured Maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Trapezoid inlays
- Pickup Configuration: H-H (2x Humbucker)
- Pickup Selector Switch: 3 way toggle
- Controls: 2x volume, 2x tone
- Bridge / Tremolo: Tune-O-Matic
- Hardware: Chrome
- Country of Origin: China
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2™ ; 4-wire
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3™ ; 4-wire
- Both Neck and Bridge volume controls with push/pull coil tapping
- Top Material: AAA Flame Maple Veneer
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro TL · Electric Guitar
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop PRO delivers the classic tone and sustain that only a real Les Paul can achieve.
It now features Pro-BuckerTM pickups for that one-of-a kind Les Paul sound. Pro-BuckerTM pickups feature Alnico II magnets, the same magnets used in sought after vintage PAF humbuckers. Alnico II magnets provide a rich, warm tone with a sparkling high end and a solid low end. The Les Paul Standard Plustop PRO features a Pro-Bucker-2TM in the neck position and a Pro-Bucker-3 TM in the bridge position. The Pro-Bucker-3TM is slightly overwound to provide balance with the neck pickup and a bit of edge for lead work. Pro-BuckersTM emulate the sound of original PAF pickups which were hand-wound with a few extra turns of wire. Both the neck and bridge pickups now also feature coil-tapping, controlled by a push/pull volume control, allowing players an infinite variety of pickups sounds from single-coil bark to full humbucker bite. When winding humbuckers, Epiphone utilizes a double vacuum waxing process that ensures quiet operation, free from microphonic hum.
Body Material: Mahogany
Top Material: AAA Flame Maple Veneer
Neck Material: Mahogany
Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
Neck Joint: Glued In
Truss Rod: Adjustable
Scale Length: 24.75"
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with pearloid Trapezoid inlays
Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2™ ; 4-wire
Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3™ ; 4-wire
Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector
Neck Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
Bridge Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
Neck Pickup Tone
Bridge Pickup Tone
Body Top - 1 ply (Cream)
Fingerboard - 1 ply (Cream)
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Machine Heads: Grover™ Tuners; 14:1 ratio
Les Paul CollectionEvery week-end the most famous American guitarist of his time Les Paul went to Epiphone´s empty factory in order to work on his idea of the perfect guitar. Around 1941 he built “The Log”, to which he attached bridge, pick-ups, string braces and an absolutely normal Gibson guitar neck. Then he cut one of his Epiphone guitars lengthwise and stuck one half each at the back and front of the log – out came his first electronic Solid Body Guitar.
Standard/Classic CollectionThis guitar is the only authorised reproduction of the Gibson Les Paul Standard and, moreover, one of the best sold instruments worldwide. The Les Paul has all features its forerunner made famous: a glued neck with trapeze inlays, humbucker pick-ups for a heavy sound and a noble finish from black to different sunbursts or gold varnish.
The company looks back on a 125 year history. Epaminondas Stathopoulos, the founder and eponym, applied for his first patent at the early age of 24; many were to follow which revolutionised the world of instrument builders. Yet, his story is based on the famous guitarist Les Paul who discovered the first Solid Body Guitar when experimenting in his workshop.
Today Epiphone stands for innovative ideas and successful replica of classical instruments which are affordable for everyone.
Epiphone LP Standard
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard PRO series provides the splittable ProBucker-2 ™ and ProBucker-3 ™ pickups, a beautiful AAA flamed maple veneer and colours such as Honeyburst, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Trans Blue, Vintage Sunburst and Wine Red. A modern guitar with classic elements.
The traditional company Epiphone belongs to the Gibson group since the early 60s. The Instruments are manufactured in the Far East and offer good quality at a reasonable price. Epiphone is the only company that is allowed to use the copyrighted design features of the Gibson USA Instruments. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is orientated on the selected woods and hardware on the US models. So if you are looking for the classic look, good workmanship and characteristic sound at an affordable price then you will be right with the Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Epiphone itself can look back on a more than 125-year history. Epaminondas Stathopoulos is the founder and namesake of Epiphone, He already registered his first patent when he was only 24 years old, many followed and revolutionized the world of instrument making. The story of Epiphone is also closely linked to the guitar genius Les Paul, who experimented in 1941 in the Epiphone workshops and developed the first solid body electric guitar. Today Epiphone stands for innovative ideas guitar and successful replicas of instrument classics that are affordable for everyone.
Value for money
Buy this beautiful guitarCallan on 02.10.2012
First I would like to say how amazing this website is: their products are so cheap and the delivery to UK is super quick, I got my Les Paul in under a week. Now, on to the guitar: I looked for ages online for an affordable Les Paul and i saw some epiphones on a couple of websites, then i saw this model and fell in love. it is around £50 more expensive on other sites so the value for money was great. when i got the guitar i was delighted. the coil tapping is sweet, it looks gorgeous and (most importantly) sound amazing. If you are looking for your 3rd or (in my case 2nd) guitar then you cannot go wrong with an Epiphone Les Paul. P.S. I just have to wait till christmas till i can use it on a daily basis haha!
Value for money
great guitarUser on 02.10.2012
very nice finish, plays well, better quality than suspected for the price, can't go wrong if you're looking for the gibson alternative
- Epiphone Les Paul Hard Case, Electric Guitar Case£ 89,-
- Tonträger TG25E/GB, Electric Guitar Gigbag£ 31,95
- Boss TU-01 Chromatic Tuner, Tuner£ 8,95
- Karl's Studio-Wire 6 m K/K, Instrument Cable£ 58,-
- Karl's Live-Wire 3 m WK/K, Instrument Cable£ 26,95
- Swiff A0 Clip On Tuner, Tuner£ 8,95
- Boss TU-03 Chromatic Tuner/Metronom, Tuner£ 15,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 3m K/K neon pink, Instrument Cable£ 26,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 3m K/K neon rot, Instrument Cable£ 26,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 3m K/K neon grün, Instrument Cable£ 26,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 3 m K/K neon gelb, Instrument Cable£ 26,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 3m K/K neon blau, Instrument Cable£ 26,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 6m K/K neon pink, Instrument Cable£ 35,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 6m K/K neon rot, Instrument Cable£ 35,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 6m K/K neon grün, Instrument Cable£ 35,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 6m K/K neon gelb, Instrument Cable£ 35,95
- Karl's Laser-Wire 6m K/K neon blau, Instrument Cable£ 35,95
Customers were also interested in:
- Hagstrom Ultra Swede Cosmic Blackburst, Electric Guitar£ 416,-
- Epiphone Les Paul Studio AW, Electric Guitar£ 289,-
- Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus EX ME, Electric Guitar£ 579,-
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Pro HB, Electric Guitar£ 449,-
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard EB, Electric Guitar£ 349,-
- Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus EX MS, Electric Guitar£ 589,-
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro VS, Electric Guitar£ 449,-