Boss RE-20 Space Echo
- Effect Type: Delay
- Technology: Digital
- Mono / Stereo: Stereo In, Stereo Out
- Controls: Bass, Treble, Reverb Volume, Repeat Rate, Intensity, Echo Volume, Input Volume
- Modes: 12 Effect Programs
- Switches: Mode Selector
- Bypass Mode: Buffered Bypass
- Including: 6 x AA Battery
- Power supply: 9VDC, Center negative
- Power Consumption: 75 mA
- Battery powered: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: 6 x 1,5 AA Battery
- Housing size: Big Size
- Dimensions WxHxD (cm): 17,3 x 5,7 x 15,8
- Weight: 1,1 kg
- Country of Origin: Made in Taiwan
- Simulation of the famous Roland RE-201, with the spacious, analogue tone of the original Space Echo
- Faithful modelling of the RE-201's tape wow and flutter and the compressed sound obtained from magnetic saturation of the tape
- Three playback heads for straight delay and multi-tap settings in 11 logical head combinations
- Tap input pedal allows delay time to be set by foot
- Longer delay time than the original RE-201
- Control parameters such as Repeat Rate, Intensity, and more via Expression pedal
- Mode Selector knob with 12 combinations of reverb and echo just like the original Roland Space Echo
- Equipped with a Virtual Tape Display producing a visual image of a running tape
- Two pairs of 1/4-inch jacks allow mono or stereo input and output
- 1/4-inch jack for expression pedal
- Direct On/Off switch determines whether dry un-processed signal is present at the output
- Approx 36 hours running time from 6 AA batteries
Boss RE-20 Space Echo · Guitar Effect
The original Roland RE-201 Space Echo debuted in 1973, and is one of the most sought-after vintage effects of all time. Known for warm, saturated tape sound with expressive hands-on control, the Space Echo is legendary. Experience the legendary tape-echo sound of the RE-201, and get "lost in space" with the RE-20 from Boss. The Mode Selector chooses one of twelve different reverb and echo effects based on emulations of various combinations of RE-201's three playback heads and reverb.
The Roland Space Echo RE-201 tape echo appeared in 1974. Even though the Space Echo is no longer in production, it remains a world-famous device known for chorus effects created by the subtle wavering movement of a recording tape across the heads, and for the characteristic compressed sound that results from magnetic saturation of the tape.
What was so special about the Roland RE201 tape echo emulated by the Boss RE20 Twin Pedal guitar effects pedal ? Tape compresses and distorts the signal in a musical way that creates the impression the echos are disappearing in the distance, rather than just getting softer, making a realistic and warm echo effect that is not to be found in any transistor based echo unit. The Boss RE20 Twin Pedal Space Echo probably comes closest to emulating the warm tape-echo sound in a hardware pedal.
The Boss RE-20 is powered by 6 AA batteries. 36 hours of expected battery life under continuous use with Alkaline batteries.
The big ones from BOSS. Parallel to the always beloved Boss compact pedals, the Boss Twin series has also made its mark. They offer an expanded range of features, easy operation, in some cases Memory functions and extra foot pedal functions.
Guitar Effect · Boss RE-20 Space Echo
This item was given an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 8 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.