TC Electronic Dark Matter Distortion
- Effect Type: Distortion
- Technology: Analog
- Mono / Stereo: Mono In, Mono Out
- Controls: Gain, Level, Bass, Treble
- Switches: Voice
- Bypass Mode: True bypass or buffered bypass
- Power supply: 9VDC, Center negative
- Power Consumption: n. a.
- Battery powered: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: 9V Block
- Housing size: Standard
- Dimensions WxHxD (cm): 7,2 x 5 x 12,2
- Country of Origin: Made in Thailand
- Guitar distortion effects pedal
- Sounds like a cranked, crunched valve amp
- From cleans with an attitude and warm bluesy tones to a crunch with grit
- Fully saturated lead sounds full of harmonics and overtones
- All-analog circuit
- True Bypass no loss of tone when not being used
- Gain, Level, Bass and Treble controls
- Gain knob controls the amount of distortion
- Level knob matches distorted and clean signal
- Two position Voice switch for emphasis on lower mids or higher mids and a shift in bass response
- Easy battery access
- Small footprint
- High-quality components
- Road-ready design
- 9V battery powered or optional center negative AC power supply
TC Electronic Dark Matter Distortion · Guitar Effect
Other features of the TC Electronic Dark Matter distortion pedal include Bass and Treble controls for increased punch with added bass or bass roll off for a tighter sound on big cabinets. Add treble to cut through a dense mix or reduce to aim for a softer tone. Gain controls the amount of gain. Lower gain settings give tight distortion for rhythm parts. Higher settings are ideal for singing leads. Level control to set the overall level. A Voice Type selector chooses between two Voice types. With the Voice switch in up position, the frequency response is true to the input signal. With the switch in down position, the low-end frequencies are naturally boosted. This Voice is excellentfor a rhythm guitar in a trio where the guitar is allowed to take up a great portion of the sonic spectrum.
By increasing the supply voltage to more than 3-4 times the voltage of your typical drive pedals, the TC Electronic Dark Matter distortion guitar effects pedal provides a dramatic increase of headroom and dynamics. With the TC Electronic Dark Matter pedal there is plenty of gain to suit any musical style, but the sound always stays very open and clear and will never get muddy or cover up your playing.
With all knobs set to 12 o'clock, the TC Electronic Dark Matter distortion pedal produces smooth breakup. Increase the gain, and the saturation becomes a bit muddy. Use the seperate low and high end EQ filter knobs to carve out some lows for solo lead tones. A Voice switch totally re-calibrates the way the Dark Matter distortion pedal responds to low end frequencies.
Guitar Effect · TC Electronic Dark Matter Distortion
This item was given an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 5 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.