Novation Ultra Nova
- Subcategory: Synthesizer
- Synthesis: Analog modelling synth
- Keyboard: Light weighted and velocity sensitive
- Keys: 37 keys
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Polyphony: max. 18
- Effects: Distortion, Compressor, Chorus/Phaser, Delay, Reverb, Gator, Equalizer, Vocoder
- Special Features: USB Audio Interface, 14 filter types, 36 Wavetables, touch sensitive Controller
- USB / MIDI: MIDI In/Out/Thru, USB to Host
- Playing Aids: Modulation, Pitch Bend, 8 knobs, powerful Arpeggiator
- Display: Yes (LCD 144 characters)
- Pedal/Controller Connection: Sustain and Expression Pedal
- Other Connections: 1 x Headphones, Line in, Line out, Aux out, MIC in (XLR), S/P DIF
- Colour / Finish: Blue
- Size (WxHxD): 725 x 152 x 374 mm
- Weight: 3,6 kg
- Including: AC Power adaptor, manual, CD ROM and gooseneck microphone
Novation Ultra Nova · Synthesizer
The sounds on the Novation UltraNova synthesiser are designed for the electronic musican looking for genre-specific sounds or the ability to create custom sounds. If you produce Electro-Pop, Dubstep, Trance or any genre requiring deep bass, then the Novation UltraNova synth is is for you. UltraNova is the new generation of Novation’s iconic Nova range of synthesizers.
The Novation UltraNova synth packs the massive Nova sound into a compact body with a built-in vocoder. A new Touch performance system provides deep control of the synth parameters. Novation UltraNova is a single-part synth with wavetable synthesis, powerful filters, a software editor, and a new touch-sense performance mode.
With all these synth features you need a clean and clear means of control. The Novation UltraNova synth provides dedicated buttons for each part of the synth which are linked to eight encoders. These encoders give the UltraNova a very analogue-type vibe. The Novation UltraNova synthesizer is inspiring to play with its Touch performance system, which allows triggering envelopes, filters, LFOs, and effects by simply touching the encoders. A vocoder and included microphone give you even more options.
With 300 onboard patches the Novation UltraNova synth can perfrom right out of the box. But with a synth engine derived from the classic Supernova II you can create custom sounds. The Novation UltraNova include a 12-band vocoder with a dynamic gooseneck microphone. Novation UltraNova is easy to program as each part of the synth is accessed by a button that brings up all the parameters. Creating new sounds with the Novation UltraNova with 14 conventional waveforms, 36 wavetables, and a total of 5 effects slots for each sound.
The bundled software editor enables detailed visual editing of the Novation UltraNova on Mac or PC.
The Novation UltraNova synthesizer is also equipped with a 2-input / 4-output USB audio interface that can stream audio to and from your computer to an external effects processor, a pair of monitors or a digital recorder and return backing tracks from your laptop to the main mix separately from the synth. Phono SPDIF outputs to get digital recordings of UltraNova into a DAW. And the Novation UltraNova can be powered via the USB port.
- 37 note keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- Analog modelled synth with wavetable synthesis, 14 filter types, six envelopes, three LFOs, effects
- XLR dynamic microphone input
- 2 x 1/4-inch jack inputs
- 2 x 1/4-inch jack outputs, 2 x 1/4-inch jack aux outputs, 1 x 1/4-inch jack headphone output
- SPDIF digital output on RCA connector
- 1/4-inch expression pedal jack input
- 1/4-inch sustain pedal jack input
- MIDI in/out/thru
- 144 character LCD
- 8 x detented touch sensitive encoders
- 1 x large encoder with back-lit filter lock buttons
- 1 x large patch select/speed dial encoder
- 2 x volume & monitor mix dials
- 39 LED lit/indicated buttons
- Pitch wheel
- Modulation wheel
- 12 volt power input (AC adapter included), also USB powered
- 2-in x 4-out USB audio interface
- Up to 18 note polyphony
Synthesizer · Novation Ultra Nova
This item was given an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 12 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.