Korg Monotron Duo
- Subcategory: Synthesizer
- Synthesis: Analog synth (2 Oscillators (VCOs) with cross modulation (X-Mod), 1 VCF)
- Keyboard: Ribbon controller keyboard
- Effects: VCO1 Pitch, X-Mod Intensity, VCO2 Pitch, VCF Cutoff; VCF Peak
- Other Connections: 1 x Headphones, Aux/Line in
- Colour / Finish: Blue
- Size (WxHxD): 120 x 28 x 72 mm
- Weight: 0,1 kg
- Including: Batteries, manual
- Portable True-analog Ribbon Synthesizer with Dual Oscillators, Cross Modulation, Classic Analog Filter, Internal Speaker, Aux Input, and Headphone Jack
- Two analog oscillators VCO with individual tunings
- Edgy X-MOD with Intensity knob circuit from Korg’s classic Mono/Poly
- VCF with Cutoff and Peak Control
Ribbon controller keyboard with Scale Select
- Original Analog VCF Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- 1/8-inch Aux input jack lets you apply filter to any audio source
- 1 x 1/8-inch Headphone output
- Built-in speaker and battery power for Go Anywhere Analog sound
- Battery operation and palm-top size equal true portability
- Internal speaker/headphone jack lets you enjoy the sound anywhere, alone or with friends
- Power Supply: 2 x AAA Batteries
Korg Monotron Duo · Synthesizer
Korg's monotron DUO is a ribbon-controller keyboard that contains but two analog oscillators to create an even more extreme sound. Tune the oscillators in unison for rich, thick, analog tone. Tune them in intervals to emulate classic soloing sounds and generate new effects. Use the X-MOD cross modulation circuit taken from Korg's classic Mono/Poly to introduce a mild or sharp edge to the overall sound; everything from a rich vibrato to extreme metallic sounds reminiscent of an FM synth. X-MOD lets you modulate the first oscillator with the signal from the second oscillator, creating new harmonics and overtones.
VCO + VCF = Modular synthesis building blocks. The basic analog sound-building circuit in the Korg monotron DUO synth is simple: one VCO voltage-controlled oscillator and one VCF voltage-controlled filter. As a result, the process of sound creation is intuitive, and instantly understandable.
The monotron DUO's ribbon controller keyboard features the Scale function used on the KAOSSILATOR. Use this button to select one of four scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, or Off. Choose the Chromatic scale to play precise pitches as on a piano, or choose Major or Minor to generate musically coherent phrases by sliding your finger around on the keyboard.
The 1/8-inch AUX input jack allows you to place any audio source into the signal path, directly before the analog filter. This provides a great way to connect a KAOSSILATOR, a guitar, or a digital audio player to the Korg monotron DUO and enjoy tone-bending filter effects.
Synthesizer · Korg Monotron Duo
This item was given an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 4 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.