Genelec 8040 BPM
- Main Feature: Nearfield monitor
- Technology: 2-Way active
- Components: 6.5" Woofer; 3/4" Metal dome
- Amplifier output per channel: 90 + 90 watts
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 48 Hz - 20 kHz
- Analog inputs: XLR
- Special Features: With Iso-pod
- External Dimensions: 350 x 237 x 223 mm
- Weight per speaker: 8.6 kg
- Magnetically shielded: Yes
- Optional Subwoofer: Genelec 7070A (Art.-Nr. 9413024)
- Price & packaging unit: 1 Piece
Genelec 8040 BPM · Active Monitor
The 8040 features Genelec's MDE Minimum Diffraction Enclosure enclosure with rounded edges and a gently curved front and sides to minimize cabinet edge diffraction for a very smooth frequency response and superb imaging. The 8040 also features Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide to provide extremely accurate control of the 8040's directivity. Its area has been maximized to achieve an astoundingly flat on and off-axis frequency response. As a result, the 8040 has wide flat frequency response both on and off axis. This also gives the 8040 superb imaging qualities and less listening fatigue.
- Frequency range 48 Hz - 20 kHz ± 2,5 dB
- 115 dB SPL peak per pair with music in 1 m distance
- 6.5-inch woofer
- 3/4-inch Metal dome-tweeter with DCW
- Aluminium Bass reflex enclosure
- Amplifier power 90 watts + 90 watts
- Active crossover and protection circuits
- Magnetically shielded
- Counter sunk connectors
- Various mounting possibilities
- Dimensions : 350 x 237 x 223 mm (HxWxD)
- Height with Iso-Pod 365 mm ,
- Weight: 8,6 kg
Small nearfield monitor with a big sound !
Whenever space is an issue but no compromises can be made you should take a close look at the Genelec 8040A. The ideal range of application comprises near field monitoring, workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms and mobile production vehicles. The MDE™ (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™) enclosure has rounded edges and a gently curved front and sides to achieve a very smooth frequency response and superb imaging qualities with minimized cabinet edge diffraction.
The 8040A also features the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™), a revolutionary flow-optimised reflex port design opening up the bottom end with a powerful, crisp and uncoloured bass.
The "Minimum Diffraction Enclosure" and a sophisticated filter technology, reliably flatten out the frequency response and optimise the entire audio spectrum into a high resonance resolution, resulting in low listening fatigue.
The optimised die-cast aluminium structure with extremely durable semi-matt finish and acoustically optimised metal grilles can even keep up to tough demands. Safe positioning is given through integrated fixing points for tripods, wall mounts and a extra M 10 thread on the enclosure base.
Every Genelec 8040A monitor comes with an Iso-Pod™(Isolation Positioner/Decoupler™) as standard. The Iso-Pod™ is a clever mounting stand, which allows the system to perform in either the vertical or horizontal position. It also enables the acoustic axis of the monitor to be aimed at the listener, while acoustically and mechanically decoupling the monitor from the surface it is resting on.
Active Monitor · Genelec 8040 BPM
This item was given an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 1 rating exist without a text or the review is written in another language.