Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
- Subcategory: FireWire Interface
- PC Connection: FireWire
- Design: 19" 1U
- Analogue In/Out: 8 in / 8 Out
- Mic Inputs: 8
- Digital In/Out: S/PDIF coax, Adat I/O
- MIDI I/O: 1 In / 1 Out
- Monitor Mixing: Hardware Monitoring DSP controlled
- Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- Bit Rate: 24-Bits
- Bus Powered: -
- Special Features: Flexible latency free 18 x 16 Mix Software
- Accessories: AC cable, FireWire cable, Ableton LiveLite
- 20-in/20-out 24-bit/96kHz FireWire Audio Interface with 8 Microphone Preamps, ADAT/SMUX, S/PDIF, MIDI I/O, and Plug-ins
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 · Audio interface
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 40 is equipped to handle the needs of a modern digital project studio. The Saffire Pro 40 FireWire audio interface is among the best sounding interfaces in its class, and ships bundled with Focusrite plug-ins. The Saffire PRO 40 can handle 20 inputs and 20 outputs and includes eight mic preampss, ADAT, S/PDIF, MIDI, and a pair of unique loopback inputs. The Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 serves as a great front end for digital music production.
With Focusrite Saffire PRO 40, sonic integrity is the unique selling point with eight Focusrite preamps ensuring low noise and distortion, while quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio goes between the analogue and digital domains. Alongside the eight Focusrite pre-amps are a range of input and output options; 10 analogue outputs, ADAT I/O, stereo S/PDIF I/O, and 2 virtual 'loopback' inputs for routing digital audio between software applications - ideal for capturing online audio. Every channel features +48V phantom power for condenser mics, with the first two input channels also featuring Mic/Line/Inst Combo XLRs with pads for additional headroom. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers accurate viewing of levels.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 provides two independent headphone buses, each with their own level controls available on the front panel. A dedicated stereo monitor mix output features pads for improved sound quality when connected to active monitor speakers. An "anti-thump" circuit protects your monitor speakers from spikes when turning on or off. Front panel controls include a main monitor dial with dim and mute switches, all of which fully integrate with customizable software to cover monitoring needs, providing a set of controls for any set-up from basic stereo to full 7.1 surround.
Saffire PRO 40 Control software provides mixing and routing to and from the DAW, allowing control over which signals are sent from the sequencer to each output. All inputs on the Saffire PRO 40 are routed directly to your DAW software for recording, but Saffire PRO 40 Control also allows you to route these signals to your monitors so that you can listen to the audio signals with zero latency, before they arrive at your DAW.
The zero-latency 18x16 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Focusrite Saffire PRO 40, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control, featuring unparalleled output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click solutions, a clear and concise mixing layout and large on-screen metering for inputs, outputs and submixes.
Focusrite Saffire PRO 40 comes with a suite of new Focusrite plug-ins: Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating, and EQ VST/AU plug-ins which provide a significant upgrade from standard sequencer effects. Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. Xcite+ includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation's Bass Station soft synth, and over 1GB of royalty-free samples.
- Computer Connection: 2 x 6-pin FireWire sockets
- Simultaneous Input/Output: 20-input x 20-output
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit 96kHz
- Built In DSP/FX: Saffire PRO 40 Control Zero-latency DSP Mixer/Router; Suite of Focusrite VST/AU plug-ins; bundled in their established Xcite+ bundle with Ableton Live Lite DAW software, Novation's Bass Station soft synth, and over 1GB of royalty-free samples
- Number of Audio Inputs: 8
- Audio Inputs: 2 x Combo Mic/Hi-Z, 6 x Combo Mic/Line
- Number of Audio Outputs: 12
- Audio Outputs: 8 x TRS, 2 x TRS Main 2 x TRS Headphone
- Number of Digital Inputs: 10
- Digital Inputs: 1 x ADAT Optical 8 Channel, 1 x S/PDIF Coax
- Number of Digital Outputs: 10
- Digital Outputs: 1 x ADAT Optical 8 Channel, 1 x S/PDIF Coax
- Number of Microphone Preamps: 8 Focusrite preamps with phantom power
- MIDI I/O: In, Out
Focusrite Saffire audio interfaces bring the famous Focusrite sound into you DAW via FireWire, USB or ADAT. Focusrite is known for the quality of it's converters and transparency of it's microphone preamplifiers. This combination ensures that every nuance of the performancde is perfectly captured. The motto at Focusrite is: "... because sound quality is everything!"
Audio interface · Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
This item was given an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 15 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.