Electro Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff PI
- Effect Type: Distortion
- Technology: Analog
- Mono / Stereo: Mono In, Mono Out
- Controls: Gain, Bias, Tone, Volume, Gain, Bias, Volts, Volume
- Bypass Mode: True bypass
- Power supply: 9VDC, Center negative
- Power Consumption: 12 mA
- Battery powered: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: 9V Block
- Housing size: Big Size
- Dimensions WxHxD (cm): 14,6 x 6,4 x 12,1
- Country of Origin: Made in USA
- Overdrive and distortion guitar effects pedal.
- Four germanium transistors powering seperate overdrive and distortion circuits.
- Use overdrive and distortion sections seperately or stacked.
- True bypass, no tonal colouration when pedal is not being used.
- Gain control.
- Bias knob for putting your sound right at the edge of break up.
- Volts knob on distortion side for compressed voltage starved tone.
- Countless germanium variations at the touch of a knob.
- Tough and compact die-cast chassis.
- 9-volt battery included.
- Current draw for the Germanium Big Muff Pi pedal is 12mA.
Electro Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff PI · Guitar Effect
The Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi pedal features two independent circuits, one a distortion and one an overdrive, each with completely independent controls. The distortion and overdrive circuits can be used separately or stacked. Each circuit has its own independent ON/OFF bypass footswitch. When both distortion and overdrive are on, the Distortion side precedes the Overdrive side in the signal chain.
In addition to a Gain control, the Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 overdrive pedal lets you control Bias for attack and the circuit volts for that sweet spot found when a battery's voltage dips.
The Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi overdrive and distortion guitar effects pedal's Gain control adjusts the amount of input signal that is fed to the Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4. The more the Gain knob is rotated the harder the germanium transistor and drive components are hit. The Bias control adjusts the current gain that is sent to the Germanium transistor. It works together with the Voltage control to attain the over all tone. The Bias control works specifically with the Germanium transistor. The Volts knob on the distortion side controls the amount of voltage that is applied to the Germanium OD. Set at full, 9V is applied. When set at minimum, 3V is applied. By limiting the voltage a number of interesting saturations can be set up for variations in tone.
A footswitch turns true bypass on or off for no loss of guitar tone when the Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi pedal is not being used.
The Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi distortion and overdrive pedal runs off of a 9V battery or you can connect a 9VDC adapter capable of delivering at least 100mA to the 9V power jack. The AC power adapter must have a barrel connector with center negative. The battery may be left in or taken out when using an adapter.
Guitar Effect · Electro Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff PI
This item was given an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 12 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.