- Dynamics Processor: Compressor/limiter/expander/gate
- Additional Features: Compressor threshold selectable as hard-knee or over easy switching by pdx.
- Audio channels: 2 Channels with stereo couple function
- Displays: omprehensive displays and LED meters
- Inputs and Outputs: XLR and ¼ " jack
- Features: The peak stop limiter operates as a peak level or Brickwall-Limiter
- Bypass: -
- Presets: -
- External Dimensions: 19"/1U
- 2-channel Compressor / Limiter / Gate
dbx 166XS · Dynamic Processor
Most compressor/gates provide less than musical compression, coupled with gating that swallows transients—or closes early, cutting off decay and reverb tails. The superb engineering in the 166XL ensures that both its compression and gating provide versatility and excellent sonic performance in situations where other compressor/gates typically produce undesirable processing artifacts.
When using the 166XL’s Attack and Release controls, artists and engineers will find that the center settings deliver classic dbx compression, while the full control range produces voicings that extend from slow “leveling” to aggressive “peak” limiting.
The 166XL’s advanced gate circuitry uses a completely new, program-dependent timing algorithm to produce ultra-smooth release characteristics—even with complex signals, such as voice or reverb decays. dbx engineers went on to take advantage of the wide dynamic range and high precision of the dbx V2™ VCA to design in an extra-wide threshold range and ensure top gating performance for each application.
Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup, while the 166XL’s intuitive operation lets users easily smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, squash drums or tighten up mixes. In Stereo couple mode, the Channel 1 controls become Master controls, and Channel 2 follows precisely to ensure a rock solid stereo image—even with high amounts of compression, through True RMS Power Summing™. Professionals and newcomers alike will find that the 166XL sets up rapidly and musically the first time it is used, especially with the Auto attack and release function. Advanced applications are now easy, with the 166XL’s full sidechain functionality, and the ability to use either hard knee or OverEasy® compression algorithms. Add to this already impressive list of features the venerable PeakStop™ limiter, and you’ve got a strong finisher, every time.
The dbx 166XL processor is the result of an intensive engineering and product development effort aimed at taking advantage of the latest and best advances in manufacturing technology to deliver true dbx audio performance and reliability to our customers at the lowest possible cost. The 166XL puts a completely new level of compressor/gate performance within everyone’s reach.
Goof proof operation to smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, fatten drums or tighten up mixes
• New gate timing algorithms ensure the smoothest release characteristics
• Program-adaptive expander/gates
• Great sounding dynamics control for any type of program material
• Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup
• Stereo or dual-mode operation
• Balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR
• Side Chain insert
• Classic dbx® "Auto" mode
Dynamic Processor · dbx 166XS
This item was given an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 3 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.