- Subcategory: Vocal Microphone
- Type: Handheld Microphone
- Capsule technology: Dynamic
- Pickup pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 48 Hz to 19 kHz
- Max. SPL: 144 dB
- Open circuit sensitivity: 2.5 mV/Pa
- Features: VLM capsule
- Including: Stand adapter, case
Audix OM5 · Microphone
- Dynamic handheld microphone
- Pickup pattern: Very Tight Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 48 Hz - 19 kHz
- VLM capsule – provides effective conversion of the acoustic signal
- Tailored midrange for clear vocal reproduction
- Includes stand adapter and protective pouch
- Designed for vocals, also suitable for for miking saxophones, various wind and percussion instruments or drums
Ever since it was first introduced in 1995, the OM-5 has become one of the best-selling high-end, handheld microphones in the world. Its midrange is tailored for producing a sound full of detail and presence at the same time providing high noise-rejection. The OM-5 is naturally attenuated at 120 Hz which helps to reduce boominess and handling noise.
Artists and sound engineers from around the globe acknowledge the OM-5 for its ability to maintain high-quality vocal reproduction without feedback or distortion even at high sound pressure levels on stage. It also features a VLM capsule which ensures that acoustic signals including all transients are conversed into electric signals at a high output level.
1 Star – still room for improvement!
2 Stars – satisfactory overall impression!
3 Stars – good price/performance value!
4 Stars – very recommendable!
5 Stars – highly recommendable!
6 Stars – unbeatable top product!
What are handheld vocal microphones?
Microphones that you hold in your hands while performing are considered as handheld vocal microphones. These microphones have to fulfil certain criteria. They need to offer high feedback-rejection and most of them feature cardioid, supercardioid or hypercardioid polar patterns. In addition they are required to provide a rugged construction, full bass and crispy highs. Their frequency response is usually tailored, because these microphones are designed for vocal pickup. Models featuring a pronounced proximity effect are frequently used. When choosing a mic, you should also make sure that wind and breath "pop" noise as well as handling noise are sufficiently suppressed.
Microphone · Audix OM5
This item was given an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 1 rating exist without a text or the review is written in another language.