- Subcategory: Instrument Microphone
- Type: Clip-on Lavalier / Lapelle Microphone
- Instrument Choice: Drums / Percussion
- Instrument (Choice): Snare Drum
- Instrument (2nd Choice): Tom-Tom
- Capsule technology: Condenser
- Pickup pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. SPL: 140 dB
- Open circuit sensitivity: n/a
- Features: Minature gooseneck
- Including: Mini gooseneck lamp with clipp, case
Audix Micro-D · Microphone
- Pre-polarised condenser microphone for snare drums, percussion instruments, guitar combos etc.
- Special aluminium suspension and a shock mount system help to keep the microphone noise-free and securely-mounted to the rim of the percussion instrument
- Hypercardioid pickup pattern
- Frequency range: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Includes clamp, shock mount and gooseneck
The MICRO-D is a miniature condenser microphone characterised with a hyercardioid pickup pattern which handles both live sound and studio applications. In addition to being ideally suitable for micing snare drums and toms, it also qualifies for micing various other instruments such as other percussion instruments, cymbals, wind or stringed instruments. It delivers a very natural, powerful and open sound, along with being capable of handling high sound pressure levels of up to 140 dB and providing a linear frequency response of 40 Hz – 20 kHz. Due to a variety of different (optional) holders available, the MICRO-D adapts to any application with ease and is very light and compact in construction.
The original set includes the D-Vice holder which allows easy mounting to the rim of the drum. The elastic shockmount suspension helps to prevent noise. For phantom powering 9-52 V are required which is controlled by the included phantom power adapter APS-910 featuring a Mini XLR (for taking the MICRO-D cable) to XLR male. The MICRO-D also comes with a carrying case, the D-Vice holder and the shock mount clamp SMT Micro, phantom power adapter APS-910 (Mini XLR- XLR male) and a windscreen.
The MICRO-D features a uniform frequency response, a lightweight yet still rugged body and handles sound pressure levels of up to 140 dB- this microphone offers absolutely natural sound reproduction for most percusssion instruments and especially for snares. Our insider´s tip for Pros! 6 Stars.
1 Star – still room for improvement!
2 Stars – satisfactory overall impression!
3 Stars – good price/performance value!
4 Stars – very recommendable!
5 Stars – highly recommendable!
6 Stars – unbeatable top product!
Microphone · Audix Micro-D
This item was given an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars. No review about this product has been written yet. 4 ratings exist without a text or these reviews are written in another language.